// Research support
- I was supported by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research through the overall grant that supports the Center for Stroke research in Berlin (BMBF 01 EO 08 01), in terms of salary for me and my team as well as ~300K for additional projects (2015-2018). My current position is directly funded by my University (2015-2023).
- The LUF/den Dulk Moermansfund, a non commercial funding agency helped fund the RATIO follow-up studies. (11 K)
- I am co-investigator of the BeLOVE project, which is supported by the Berlin Institute of Health through funding of a pilot phase that is focussed on building up the infrastructure at different locations in Berlin needed for the full study (capped at 500K, non competitive)
- The B-SPATIAL stroke registry is mainly founded through BMBF funding obtained by co-PI HA for the analyses on the effectiveness of the STEMO approach.
// Ties to industry
- I worked on a project where we studied the usefulness of app based complex data collection together with the company Roboticbit. This company was paid as an independent contractor to further develop their app, which we could use for free, to the individual requirements for the project. This project is stopped as of 1.5.2016.
// Travel 2015-2022
- The university of Leiden (faculty of law) paid 2 one day trips with overnight stay so that I could participate in a conference and workshop on the role of epidemiological concepts in tort law (January and March 2015).
- The ECTH, a conference for which I used to be on the Junior Advisory board, paid a trip several trips (Leiden, Marseille, Milan) so that I could participate in a meeting to help organise the upcoming 2018 edition of this meeting.
- The university of Gothenburg paid for a one day trip to their university to discuss potential future collaborations.
- The Maastricht Consensus Conference on Thrombosis in February 2019 has invited me as a speaker, for which have reimbursed my travel, board, dinner etc.
- UNIKA-T of the LMU in München/Augsburg covered the travel costs related to a talk I gave on 3.5.2018
- The Kuopio university in Helsinki has invited me in May for a talk at their Kuopio stroke symposium they organize every three years. They reimbursed my flight and paid for other travel related costs (hotel/transport/meals).
- The Artic university of Norway UiT in Tromso has invited me to be the second opponent in a PhD defense on 28.6. For this, they have reimbursed my travel costs (hotel/flights/meals) and paid a standardized honorarium. More info on that can be found here.
- I am one of the opponents for a PhD defense in 2023 in Aalborg, for which I will receive reimbursements for costs + a standardized honorarium.
- The RPTH pays my employer 75 dollar per paper that I review as their designated methodological reviewer.
- I organize a workshop on scientific conduct for the faculty of science of the Leiden university, for which my employer receives some funds in order to compensate for my time.
Otherwise, I have no other matters to disclose, including employment, book deals, consultancies, stock-ownership, honoraria, and paid expert testimony.