I recently switched my focus from clinical neurology to the quality and integrity of research. I am currently developing several projects on this topic – more on this can be found in this blogpost. If you are interested to help, please get in touch.
For the time being, I will keep my old list of activities and projects embedded within a study or based around theme. These topics include:
- IC STROKE – a project on predicting the short and long term outcome and quality of life of patients with a stroke who are submitted to intensive care units in university medical hospitals in collaboration several dutch groups
- NAVICARE – a project in collaboration with the Berlin School of Public Health where we investigate where patients need help in navigating through the fragmented German healthcare landscape during the post acute phase of their stroke.
- SIM MISCLASS– a projects that investigates the role of misclassification on the capabilities of different confounding adjustment techniques such as inverse probability weighting and propensity score matching in collaboration Boston University, Harvard Medical School, and Berlin School of Public Health, Berlin Germany.
- PSI STROKE – a project on the etiology stroke in university medical centers in the Netherlands with a special emphasis on genetics in collaboration with prof. dr Jaap Kapelle, department of Neurology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands.
- PROSCIS – a project on predicting the recurrence risk in stroke patients in collaboration with Würzburg, Germany.
- RATIO – a project on the role of hypercoagulability as a cause of ischemic stroke in young women in collaboration with University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands department of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, the Netherlands.
- BSPATIAL – a registry on prehospital treatment patterns for stroke within the Berlin area. This project is also focussed on getting the 3 month outcome of all patients treated within thein the B-proud study.
- YOUNG STROKE – several projects are focussed on the impact of young stroke including data from public available datasets such as the UK understanding society study.