The text below is the English version of the official and very formal German text.
The QUEST center is looking for a project manager for the SPOKES project. SPOKES is part of the Wellcome Trust translational partnership program and aims to “Create Traction and Stimulate Grass-Root Activities to Promote a Culture of Translation Focused on Value”. SPOKES will be looking for grassroots activities from early and mid-career scientist who want to sustainably increase the value of the research in their own field.
The position will be located within the QUEST Center for Transforming Biomedical Research at the Berlin Institute of Health (BIH). The goal of QUEST is to optimize biomedical research in terms of sound scientific methodology, bio-ethics and access to research.
SPOKES is a new program organized by the QUEST Team at the Berlin Institute of Health. SPOKES enables our own researchers at the Charité / BIH to improve the way we do science. Your task is to identify and support these scientists. More specifically, we expect you to:
- Promote the program within the BIH research community (interviews, newsletters, social media, events, etc)
- Find the right candidates for this program (recruiting and selection)
- Organize the logistics and help prepare the content of all our meetings (workshops, progress meetings, symposia, etc)
- Support the selected researchers in their projects where possible (design, schedule and execute)
Next to this, there is an opportunity to perform some meta-research yourself.
We are looking for somebody with
- A degree in biomedical research (MD, MSc, PhD or equivalent)
- Proficiency in both English and German (both minimally C1)
- Enthusiasm for improving science – if possible demonstrated by previous courses or other activities
Although no formal training as a project manager is required, we are looking for people who have some experience in setting up and running projects of any kind that involve people with different (scientific) backgrounds.